Don’t spend tons of money on birthday party decorations for kids, head to Dollar Tree and save money. You’ll be amazed at all the great party supplies at dollar tree. Everything you need for party decoration ideas from the invites to balloons, table cloths, and goody bags.
Even though you’re saving money on cheap birthday party decorations they look like their from an expensive party supply store. Follow along to see which party decorations and supplies you should be buying at Dollar Tree.
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy something using my link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
Cheap Birthday Party Decorations for Kids at Dollar Tree
Dollar Tree has tons of different color tablecloths to brighten up the tables at your party. They are all for a long rectangle table but you can cut or fold them to fit smaller tables.
The tablecloths don’t just come in solid colors either you can get patterned table clothes to go with your child’s birthday theme. Some examples of what you’ll find are Happy Birthday, Princess and Lego table clothes.
Plates and Napkin
Just like the table clothes you can find solid color plates and napkins and patterned. Use the patterned plates to go along with your themed birthday party or just go with the ones that say Happy Birthday.
Tip: Most of the plates are paper and are strong enough for cake and pizza but if you’re having heavier food you might want one of the plastic plate options.
Forks & Knives – They also have plastic forks and knives but they are not very sturdy. They do work well for cake.
Pick up candles for your child’s birthday cake. Dollar Tree has candles with numbers, plain and ones that say Happy Birthday. I mix and match to make the cake look fun and give my kids more candles to blow out.
Pick up Birthday Party signs to hang at your event space or home. The signs really help decorate your party room.
They have yard signs with Happy Birthday too which would help guests find your house. It’s also exciting for the kids to announce to all the neighbors it’s their birthday.
Invitations & Thank You Notes
Pick up your birthday party invitations and thank you notes at Dollar Tree. They come in smaller amounts of 8 in a package but with it only being a dollar it’s still cheaper than cards at Target or Party City.
Gift Bags & Wrapping Paper
Stopping spending so much money on gift bags and wrapping paper when you can pick them up at Dollar Tree. They have tons of options and with the savings, you can spend more on the gift.
Need a card to go along with your gift. They have tons of options for fun birthday cards for kids and adults. Prices vary from 2 for $1 to $1 per card.
Birthday Party Decorations Ideas
Every birthday party needs a few balloons. We have found the helium balloons at Dollar Tree are the best and last forever.
The balloons are generic Happy Birthday balloons but are so much cheaper than buying balloons at Party City. If you don’t need a specifically themed balloon I would pick them up at Dollar Tree. It’s a great place to save some money on your party.
While buying balloons make sure to get a weight to tie the balloons down. They always have plain colors and sometimes you’ll find one the shape of a small bag with characters on them such as Legos or Princesses.
The balloon holders also work as fun centerpieces.
Make your event space or house festive with different color streamers. Tape them across the room and on the birthday child’s chair.
Tip: If you tape them with painters tape to the wall you won’t ruin your paint.
Kids love to take pictures and be silly. They now have picture booth supplies at Dollar Tree. One way to create the picture booth is to hang their large photo prop backgrounds to your wall.
The second way is to use their photo frames (pictured above) and have the kids hold them up while taking a picture. The borders on the photo frames have themes such as sports or princesses.
All the kids are hoping for a great goody bag after a birthday party. Create fun goody bags without spending a ton of money. First, pick out bags you want to use as goody bags. Then find items to add to your bags. Here are a few ideas of what to put in your goody bags
Goody Bag Items
- Small figures – Super Heros, My little Pony, Dinosaurs, Bugs, Disney Figures, Army Men
- Playdoh – Buy a small container for each bag.
- Card Games – They have several small boxes of card games such as Go Fish
- Lego Sheets and Legos – They are generic but still fun for the kids to get a bag of new legos to play with.
- Party Favors – Dollar Tree has a whole section of party favor items
- Candy – Add a few pieces of your child’s favorite candy in each bag
Birthday Party Theme Ideas at Dollar Tree
Need a theme for your child’s birthday party? Here are a few themes that Dollar Tree tends to keep in stocks from plates to decorations.
Super Hero Theme
Pick up Super Hero plates, napkins, candles and photo frames. To decorate the table get a few of the small superhero figures to spread around the table cloth.
Buy their Dinosaur plates and napkins and get a green table cloth. Add a few of their larger Dinosaur figures to decorate the table. In the goody bag give each kid a few small Dinosaur figures.
A fun activity would be to pick up some sand and small dinosaur figures you can burry in a Dollar Tree Bin. Let the kid pretend to be paleontologists.
They have tons of Disney Characters at Dollar Tree. Use these for decorations and pick out Micky Mouse Plates or Princess Plates. Add Mickey and Pluto figures to your goody bags.
Dollar Tree has a large section in their birthday area for Princess items. Find signs, plates, napkins, table cloths, placemats, cups, and good bags. For decorations buy the play crowns and set one in front of each child’s seat. Then use the pink streamers and balloons to decorate the room.
This is a great theme for boys and girls cause every kid loves Legos. In the birthday party area, you’ll find a section on Legos with plates, napkins, banners, hats, table cloths, cups and more.
For an activity buy each kid a small lego base and lego pieces to let the kids build. It’s a great transition activity when you need to fill up some time between pizza and cake.
They do not have specific sports but instead general sports themes with football, baseball, basketball, and soccer. The plates, napkins, cups and table clothes have all four sports on them. They even have birthday invitations with this theme.
For goody bags get some smaller size foam balls to add in with candy.
Did you get some great party decoration ideas to start planning? I have saved a ton of money on birthday decorations for kids by buying party supplies at Dollar Tree. It always looks great and frees up money for you to spend on party venues & activities. The things kids will really remember.
More Popular Birthday Party Themes
- Nerf Gun Birthday Parties – Find out How to Throw the Best Nerf Wars Birthday Party. Get a blueprint for organizing and throwing the party. Plus Fun Nerf Targets and Games and our review of the Best Nerf Guns for Kids.
- 10 Most Popular Birthday Party Themes for Boys – Find out what birthday parties the kids really want and how to throw them. Easy tips for 10 different fun party themes.
- Best Fornite Birthday Party Ideas, Games and Supplies – Fortnite is a hugely popular game right now so why not make it your kid’s birthday party theme. Get everything you need to turn your party into a Fortnite Party.
- 20 Cool Gift Ideas for Boys Age 10 -12 – Birthday gift ideas for the hard to shop for tween boy
More Great Dollar Tree Finds
Dollar Tree has so many great items from everyday cleaning supplies to travel gadgets and holiday decorations. Here are a few more great Dollar Tree Finds:
- 15 Best Travel Games for Kids at Dollar Tree – Keep the Kids entertained screen-free on your next road trip or plane flight.
- 45 Best Cleaning Supplies You Need at Dollar Tree – Complete list of cleaning supplies that actually work at Dollar Tree.
- 17 Genius Dollar Tree DIY Organization Hacks – Save money while getting your home organized. It’s easier than you think!!
- Holidays at Dollar Tree – DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Decorations & Hostess Gifts and How to Make Cheap Fall Decorations from Dollar Tree that Look Expensive.
If you found this helpful become part of the Happy Mom Hacks community. Join our weekly email for more helpful party ideas, family travel destinations, easy weeknight meals, and more mom hacks. Bonus you’ll get our free Birthday Party Checklist.
Don’t Forget to Pin This
More Happy Mom Hacks Tips
- Five Fun Rainy Day Activities for Kids With No Screen Time
- 11 Teacher Appreciation Gifts Teachers Really Want
- How to Clean A Washing Machine in 5 Easy Steps
- 45 Best Cleaning Supplies at Dollar Tree You Need
- 8 Easy Elementary School Party Games
- 10 Most Popular Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
- How to Throw an Awesome Nerf Birthday Party