Would you like to decorate your house with Fall Decorating ideas that won’t break the bank? My favorite place for cheap fall decorations is Dollar Tree. They have a great mix of DIY Fall Decor and already-made Halloween and Thanksgiving decorating ideas. Let me help you get ready for your Dollar Tree visit, with my easy indoor and outdoor fall decorating ideas. Get inspired by this list and find more fun fall ideas that will work for your home.
Did you know you can now order from Dollar Tree online? No more need to run out of your house during the busy holiday season to buy decorations or prepare for your Thanksgiving family gathering. Just pick it out online and ship to your house or do free ship to store.
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy something using my link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
10 Easy & Cheap Fall Decorations from Dollar Tree
DIY Fall Decor
I have to admit I am not very crafty at all. However, I have found a couple of simple DIY fall decor projects anyone can do. These cute crafts can be done in about 10 minutes and will get your house ready for the whole autumn season.
- Wrap the ribbon around the metal wreath form, then tuck the end of the ribbon into the form
- Wrap the fall garland around the ribbon and adjust to look nice
- Hang up your wreath
Total Cost – $3.00
- Spread out the fake leaves on your white platter
- Place pumpkins on top
- Place on your kitchen table or side table
Total Cost – $4.00 (depending on how many plastic pumpkins you buy)
Fall Decorative Vases
- Measure the burlap ribbon around the glasses vases and cut to size. My ribbon was a little wide so I cut it in half so I could fit 3 levels of burlap. Adjust the ribbon to the size of the vases you buy.
- To attach the burlap ribbon, you can either use a hot glue gun or just pull the ribbon tight and used some clear tape. The clear tape actually worked well and there was no mess.
- Add the bags of candy corn or small white beads from Dollar Tree would work great, too.
- Add in your stalk of fake leaves. Adjust the stems until you get the look you want. When the leaves turn colors in your yard, you could use a small branch from home, too.
- I added these vases with my pumpkin centerpiece and it looks great.
Total Cost – $10.00 (depending on how many bags of candy corn you need to fill the vases)
Fall Crafts for Kids
You will find tons of already packaged fall crafts for kids at Dollar Tree. This is a really fun way to let the kids help decorate the house. I loved the one pictured above. It included the wooden pumpkin, a paintbrush, and the paint. The kit could not have made it easier for parents.
You could also design your own pumpkin. Pick up some construction paper and cut it into the shape of the pumpkin. Let the kids pick out a few items at Dollar Tree to decorate their paper pumpkin. Get some googly eyes, ribbon, tissue paper, glue sticks, and stickers. They could do this over and over again during the fall season and hang them up in the house as decorations. Find tons of kid craft ideas from Dollar Tree here.
Tip: A great way to display the pumpkin art is to hang a string or ribbon on a wall and tape their crafts to it.
There are tons of different fall signs to get at Dollar Tree. You will find a mix of Halloween specific signs and general fall signs perfect for Thanksgiving decorating. I put the signs shown above up in my house and everyone compliments me on them.
Cheap Fall Decorations for Outdoors
Fall Yard Signs
Decorate the outside of your home with Halloween and Thanksgiving signs. You can hang them up on your door or stake them into the ground in front of your house. It’s a quick and easy way to spruce up the front of your home.
Spooky Halloween Yard
If you want a little more than a yard sign, create a Halloween graveyard in your front yard. You can do this by getting fake tombstones and skull fences from Dollar Tree. Use some cotton to spread over the gravestones to look like cobwebs and add a few spider rings into the cobwebs. This is the perfect cheap fall decoration for a spooky house.
Cheap Fall Decorations for Your Kitchen
Fall Towels & Oven Mitts
Make your kitchen cute too with festive fall towels and oven mitts. Hang these up and you are instantly ready for the autumn season. Plus, they are practical when hosting family and friends for the holidays.
Find Halloween and fall-inspired plastic table clothes. I love to use plastic table clothes especially when we have kids over who will inevitably make a mess. With a plastic table cloth, once the party is over, you just dump the whole thing in the garbage with no cleaning.
Liven up your Thanksgiving table with fall-inspired dishes. You’ll find fun leaf-themed plates, bowls, wine goblets, and gold charger plates to fancy up your dinner without spending a ton of money. The leaf motif is generic enough to make it easy to use at any time during the autumn season.
Paper Plates and Napkins
I like to use themed paper plates and napkins for appetizers and dessert at our parties, especially at a bigger get together like Thanksgiving. Anywhere I can cut down on cleaning dishes is a win for me! For the appetizers, I usually get some napkins with a cute saying on them like the one above.
Have you been inspired by these cheap fall decorations from the Dollar Store? I love that you can use these DIY Fall Decor ideas to transform your house for the season and only spend a few dollars. Where else can you do that but the Dollar Tree?
Need More Fall Ideas?
- Enjoy the fall season as a whole family this year with my 40 Awesome Fall Activities for Kids. Get excited about fall with these 40 ways to make fun family memories this autumn season.
- Make sure to try my delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies this fall, too! With only 3 ingredients, it’s a no-fail cookie perfect for any event you have this season. They are also a huge hit with the kiddos!
- Need some party game ideas for your next Halloween event? Try these entertaining minute to win it games and activities. Kids will have a blast with my 8 Elementary School Party Games perfect for class parties, too. Room moms will love how easy they are to create.
More Ways to Save at Dollar Tree
- Find out how to save money on cleaning supplies with my 45 Best Cleaning Supplies from Dollar Tree That Actually Work. You will be amazed at how many cleaning supplies you use are only $1.
- Keep the kids busy and happy on upcoming family vacations with 15 Best Travel Games for Kids at Dollar Tree.
If you enjoyed this decorating guide, make sure to become a part of the Happy Mom Hacks Community by joining our weekly newsletter. You’ll get fun family travel ideas, easy weeknight meals, household hacks, party ideas, and more. Bonus for signing up, you’ll get a free printable Weekly Meal Planner and Grocery Shopping List to make your weeknights less hectic.
Don’t Forget To Pin This for Later
More Happy Mom Hacks Articles
Party Ideas for Kids
- Ultimate Guide to a Fortnite Birthday Party
- How to Plan an Awesome Nerf Birthday Party
- 8 Easy Elementary School Party Games Kids & Room Moms’ Will Love
- 10 Most Popular Boy Birthday Parties for 2019
Mom Hacks You’ll Love
- How to Clean a Washing Machine in 5 Easy Steps
- Easy Pantry Organization for School Lunches & Snacks
- How to Get Your Kids to Do Chores by Age
Easy Weeknight Meals
- Easy No Bake Energy Balls – A Perfect Quick Snack
- 25 Easy Family Dinner Ideas for Quick Weeknight Meals
- 10 Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Sheet Pan Recipe Perfect for Weeknight Meals
- How to Make Delicious Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Healthy Italian Meatballs
- Quick Creamy Pesto Pasta Recipe with Sausage