There is nothing I like better on a cool day than a hearty crockpot Turkey Chili. The delicious smell fills up the house and really is the ultimate comfort food. I have been playing around with different recipes, and I think I have found the best crockpot chili recipe. It’s an easy chili recipe that’s healthier with the addition of turkey instead of beef. Plus it can be thrown together quickly on a busy day. Are you ready to try my easy crockpot chili recipe?
Super Easy Crockpot Chili Recipe with Turkey
My family loves this crockpot chili recipe and I love how easy it is to make. Plus there are tons of leftovers so you get two meals out of one quick morning of effort.
How To Eat Your Chili
There are a few different ways you can make chili into a fun meal for a crowd or just your family.
- Serve bowls of chili with a toppings bar.
- Serve your chili with pasta. I love to mix the chili with spiral noodles. The texture and spiral of the noodles really adhere to the chili to make the most delicious bite of food.
- Create a Nacho Bar – Put out nacho chips, cheese, chili, sour cream, and guacamole to let guests create their own nachos.
Ingredients for Your Chili
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 pound of Ground Turkey
- Beans – 1 can Red Kidney Beans, 1 can Light Kidney Beans, 1 can black beans
- Tomatoes – 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- 2 Packs of Chili Seasonings (find by taco seasonings)
How to Make Your Crockpot Chili
This meal is so simple to make you won’t believe it!
Tip – If you want to make this recipe spicy, add in some jalapenos to the crockpot. I hold off on the spice to make sure my kids will eat it.
1. Chop up your onions and throw them into a large skillet with a tbsp of butter and 1 tsp of minced garlic. Cook until translucent on low heat.
2. Add to the pan your ground turkey and cook until all the pink is gone. Make sure to drain any grease from the turkey.
3. Next, add in a pack of chili seasoning and cook according to directions.
4. Spray your crockpot with nonstick spray.
5. Dump your onions and ground turkey mixture into the crockpot.
6. Drain the three cans of beans and dump into the crockpot
7. Drain the can of diced tomatoes and dump into the crockpot.
8. Do not drain your can of stewed tomatoes. Dump the whole thing into the crockpot.
9. Add the garlic salt and second packet of chili seasoning.
10. Stir everything together and set the crockpot to low.
11. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours. The longer you cook it, the better it will taste.
Tip – Don’t have time in the morning to cook the ground turkey and onions? Cook it the night before and refrigerate it. Then in the morning, just dump it into the crockpot with the rest of your ingredients.
Toppings for you Chili Recipe
Here are a few different topping options for your Chili. It would be fun to lay these all out in bowls on your counter and let people build their own chili bowls.
- Shredded Cheese
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Sour Cream
- Oyster Crackers
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Corn Chips or Tortilla Chips
- Corn Bread
More Delicious Crockpot Recipes
Do you love cooking with your crockpot too? It’s a great way to have a meal ready after work and all the kids after school activities. Just make the meal in the morning, dump it in the crockpot, and you’re ready to go at night. Here are two of my other favorite crockpot meals.
- Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs You’ll Love – These ground turkey meatballs have hidden quinoa and zucchini to make them a healthy choice. The best part is they taste amazing so your kids will never know their healthy!
- How to Make the Easiest Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken – This is the ultimate dump and go crockpot recipe. It so simple and delicious you’ll want to make it every week.
Super Easy Crockpot Chili RecipeIngredients * 1 Onion * 1 tsp Minced Garlic * 1 tsp butter or margarine * 1 pound of Ground Turkey * Beans - 1 can of each: Red Kidney Beans, light Kidney Beans, and black beans * Tomatoes - 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes * 2 TBSP Garlic Salt * 2 Packs of Chili Seasonings (find by taco seasonings) Crockpot Chili Recipe 1. Chop up your onions and throw them into a large skillet with a tbsp of butter and 1 tsp of minced garlic. Cook until translucent on low. 2. Add to the pan your ground turkey and cook until all the pink is gone. Make sure to drain any grease. 3. Next, add in a pack of chili seasoning and cook according to directions. 4. Spray your crockpot with nonstick spray 5. Dump your onions & ground turkey mixture into crockpot 6. Drain your three cans of beans and dump into the crockpot 7. Drain your diced tomato can and dump into the crockpot 8. Do not drain your can of stewed tomatoes. Dump the whole thing into the crockpot 9. Add the Garlic Salt and second packet of chili seasoning. 10. Stir everything together and set the crockpot to low 11. Cook on low 6-8 hours. The longer you cook it, the better it will taste. www.happymomhacks.com
Want more great family-friendly recipes perfect for busy weeknight dinners? Join the Happy Mom Hacks Community with our weekly newsletter and never miss a new recipe, fun family travel ideas, and cool household hacks. Bonus – you’ll get a free Weekly Meal Planner and Grocery Store List to get you organized.
Don’t forget to Pin This for Later
More Delicious Family Meals
- Easy No Bake Energy Balls – A Perfect Quick Snack
- 25 Easy Family Dinner Ideas for Quick Weeknight Meals
- 10 Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Sheet Pan Recipe Perfect for Weeknight Meals
- How to Make Delicious Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Healthy Italian Meatballs
- Quick Creamy Pesto Pasta Recipe with Sausage
Organization & Cleaning Hacks
- 25 Clever Kitchen Organization Ideas, Hacks & Storage
- How to Declutter Your Home Stress-Free
- How to Clean a Front Loading Washing Machine
- 45 Best Cleaning Supplies at Dollar Tree
- Free Printable Ultimate Cleaning Supply List
- Easy Panty Organization for Kids School Lunch & Snacks
- How to Be Organized During the School Year With Your Kids
- Fun Age Appropriate Chore Charts with Free Printables