Did you know you could beautifully decorate your home for Christmas and save money? Wondering how? Head to your local Dollar Tree and you will be amazed at how many fun Christmas Decorations they have for the whole house.
Find out how to make easy DIY Dollar Tree Christmas displays throughout your house. Plus tons of stocking stuffers and hostess gift ideas. Amaze your friends and family with your Dollar Tree Christmas Decorations and gifts.
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy something using my link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
If you don’t have time to shop did you know you can order online at Dollar Tree and get free shipping to your local store? This is a game-changer during the busy holiday season. Keep that in mind while deciding on your Christmas decorations and Hostess gifts.Free Shipping to your Local Store
DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Decorations & Hostess Gifts
DIY Dollar Tree Ideas
A quick and cheap way to decorate is by picking up a sleeve of Christmas ornaments and stacking them in a glass vase. You can use a vase you already have at home or pick up a new one at Dollar Tree. Place the ornaments in one big vase or several surrounded by a mix of Christmas figures you already have at home.
You will find a large number of individual Christmas ornaments too. Use these to update your tree this year. Or make a statement by finding a new top piece to your tree.
TIP: It’s also fun to bring the kids and let them pick out a new ornament each year. They will be so excited to help you decorate the tree and hang up their new ornament.
Decorate with Your Holiday Cards
Do you wonder what to do with all those holiday cards you get in the mail? I love all the pictures but never know what to do with them. Then I figured out how to make this cute Christmas card display pictured above. All you need is a roll of ribbon and wooden clothing clips to make a beautiful display of all your Holiday Cards. Get step by step directions in my Easy Homemade Christmas Card Displays.
Make sure to decorate your tables with seasonal Nutcrackers, snow-covered Christmas trees, candles, and flowers. The candles can also help your home smell great when guests come over for the holidays.
I love to scatter a few Christmas signs around the house with cute seasonal sayings. I find it breaks up all the other decorations and lights. They have a huge selection of signs to choose from, so pick one that fits your family the best.
Don’t forget to spread a little cheer outside by finding a fun Christmas sign for your door. You’ll find a mix of snowmen signs to Santa Claus.
Don’t forget to make the bottom of your Christmas tree pretty with a nice tree skirt.
DIY Holiday Selfie Station
People love to take selfies and remember a fun holiday party. Use these two loves and create a holiday selfie station. It’s a great way to get family and friends to take lots of fun pictures together.
Make the selfie area by taping a holiday door cover on a blank wall. Then place on a table next to it the Christmas photo prop kit. During the party, people can come and go taking pictures on their phones. Remember to ask them to send you their best pics.
Practical Dollar Tree Christmas Decorations
Towels and Mitts
Make your kitchen festive too with new seasonal towels and mitts. Display them on your oven or refrigerator. Then use them when you are hosting guests.
When guests come over or if your attending a holiday party place your appetizers and desserts on Chrismas Trays. It will make your food look a little extra special for the holidays.
Are you doing a cookie exchange or just want to have a guest take some food home with them? Pick up some disposable Christmas Tupperware. Perfect boxes for baking a gift for school teachers, neighbors or anyone else who helps you out all year long.
Holiday Crafts for Kids
You’ll find tons of premade holiday crafts for kids at Dollar Tree. Here are a few fun craft Ideas
- Paint already made holiday displays
- Pick up foam Christmas Trees, Snowflakes & Angles and decorate with glued-on rhinestones or puffy paint from the art aisle.
- Cut out trees and wreaths from construction paper and let kids decorate with crayons and stickers. – These could be made into cute Christmas cards from the kids too.
Stocking Stuffers & Hostess Gifts Ideas
Hostess Gift Ideas & Teacher Appreciation Gifts
There are all kinds of different cute baskets and hostess gifts to bring to your next Holiday Party at Dollar Tree. You’ll get to brighten someone’s day with these gifts and save money. Bonus they would make great Teacher Gifts too.
- Fill up a Holiday Mug or Wine glass with candy. You will find a bunch of options with cute holiday sayings that make them a little more special. If you want something a little more add a gift card to the mug.
- Find a small basket and fill it up with a Nutcracker, fun holiday table sign, candy canes, hot chocolate, and a mug.
- Another Basket Idea – Fill with a book, Suduko, Cross Word or adult coloring book, a mug, and hot chocolate – Perfect winter gift
- Pick out several Christmas Ornaments and put them in a cute holiday gift bag.
Stocking Stuffers for Kids
I pretty much buy all my stocking stuffers at Dollar Tree. It’s a great place to save money after you’ve spent so much on all the kid’s gifts. Here are a few ideas:
- Candy – You will find Chocolate Santas, Candy Canes and tons of other holiday wrapped candy to add to a stocking.
- Little figurines of characters the kids like. In the Toy section, you can find Disney characters, army men and other small dolls to throw in.
- Games – Card games and small travel games are a perfect fit
- Kids always need fresh playdoh. Throw a couple of small tubs in with some playdoh accessories.
- Coloring book and crayons
- For older kids grab some new earbuds or cell phone accessories
- Fun hair accessories for girls.
- Small stuff animals
Wrapping Paper & Christmas Cards
Finish off all your presents with wrapping paper and holiday gift bags to make it seem extra special. You’ll also find Christmas cards and money enveloped Christmas cards for those teens in your life who only want money this year.
Are you inspired by these Dollar Tree Christmas Decorations and gift ideas? Hopefully, these easy DIY ideas will help ease the pressure on the holidays for you and make your house beautiful. Plus save you money on gifts and stocking stuffers.
Let me know if you enjoy your new fun Christmas decorations or have any questions in the comments. I love to hear from my readers.
Want More Dollar Tree Ideas?
Check out these Dollar Tree Articles and find more places to save money.
- 15 Best Travel Games at Dollar Tree
- 45 Best Cleaning Supplies at Dollar Tree You Need
- How to Make Cheap Fall Decorations From Dollar Tree That Look Expensive
- Fun & Cheap Birthday Party Decorations for Kids at Dollar Tree
Did you enjoy this article? Become part of the Happy Mom Hacks Community Newsletter where we strive to find ways to make a mom’s life easier. You’ll never miss a new household hack, quick family meal or fun family travel destination again. Bonus get our Free Printable Meal Planner and Grocery List to help you get organized.