Are you worried about how to entertain the kids this summer? With all of us being stuck at home we need some fun outdoor activities for kids. Ways to keep your kids excited to play outside all summer with cool outdoor water toys for your backyard.
What’s better on a hot summer day then running through water to cool off, laugh and play. Find out how to make it a memorable summer at home with our favorite outdoor water toys and activities.
Fun Summer Outdoor Activities for Kids with Water Toys
I’ve broken up the toys by age to make it easier for you to find the best outdoor toys for your children.
Outdoor Toys for Toddlers with Water
Toddlers love to play in water tables and they are an easy way to do water play in your backyard or deck space. We like Step 2 brand as we have always found them to hold up over the years.
This Step 2 table has a mix of water and sand for the little ones.
Let the little ones run through a splash pad to keep cool this summer. They will love looking at all the letters and pictures on the pad too.
This Melissa and Doug sprinkler is perfect for younger kids and it’s pretty cute with the flowers.
We also like this huge beach ball inflatable sprinkler with three ways to spray the kids as they run around.
Let the kids play with toys in the water. With this one kids can drive their boat through water over the mountains and through the river.
Mini Water Park
Make a mini water park in your backyard with this fun Pirate ship inflatable pool with slide and water gun.
This rainbow inflatable play center has a slide plus fun games with balls and rings to keep the kids entertained for hours.
Outdoor Water Toys for 6-10-Year-Olds
The older kids need fun ways to stay cool this summer too. Here are fun ways for elementary age kids to enjoy water without a pool.
Slip n Slide
Let the kids race each other on this fun slip n slide with boogie boards.
Play a little baseball and get wet with this cool slip n slide. The baseball slip n slide would be better for 6-8-year-olds and more water play than a real baseball game. But still a ton of fun.
Tip: I find most slip n slides don’t last more than one summer. So think of this as something just to get the kids wet and outside for this summer.
Mini Water park
Let the kids ride a surf board down a water slide through a shark head. Great for kids around age 6-8 years old.
If you want to go big try one of the huge inflatable water parks. Find one that has a mix of things like slides, basketball hoops, and climbing walls. The larger size inflatables usually can hold more kids so your whole family can play.
A smaller size pool is another great way to let the kids splash around and stay cool. We like this blow-up pool below because you can fit adults and kids into the pool. This way the whole family can enjoy the water.
If you have a trampoline in the backyard hook up this cool sprinkler. Kids can jump out their energy while staying wet.
What kid doesn’t love to play with water balloons on a hot day? We prefer the water balloons that are easy to fill a bunch at a time. No more holding one balloon to a hose and taking hours to fill enough to play.
Take water balloons to the next level with a water balloon launcher. Families can work together to try and hit a target or just see how far they can send the balloons.
Kids will love running around the backyard getting wet with water guns. They can do a water gun battle or create some DIY Targets to shoot down.
Tip: Set a big bin out in the yard filled with water for easy refills of the water guns.
You’ll be amazed how far water shoots from these foam water shooters. They come in a pack of 6 to let the whole family play together.
Our kid’s favorite is these Double Water Guns that use a pump to spray water. They come in a pack of two and are the perfect option for a water gun battle in the backyard.
This unique Bow and Arrow Water Gun has sides that can hold 800cc of water to keep the water battle going longer before refill. Plus you look cool.
Are you ready now to have an awesome summer in your backyard? I hope you found a few fun outdoor activities for the kids. These cool outdoor water toys are sure to keep your kids busy and happy all summer long.
Need More Activities for Kids
At Happy Mom Hacks we have tons of Kids Activities for both indoors and outdoors to fend off hearing kids say the dreaded I’m Bored. Here are a few of our favorites:
- 20 Fun & Easy Minute to Win It Games for Kids – Quick games the kids will find hilarious.
- 31 Days of Boredom Busting Indoor Games for Kids – Free Printable Activity Calendar with 31 Days of Activity Ideas.
- How to Make a Volcano at Home in 3 Easy Steps – Kids will be in awe watching a volcano explode in their own house. It’s easy to make too!
- 5 Great Rainy Day Activities for Kids – Fun ways to keep the kids busy on rainy and snowy days at home.
- Scavenger Hunts for Kids – Free printable scavenger hunts for your local neighborhood, nature preserve, and Teen hunts
- I’m Bored Jar – Free printable activities to add to an I am Bored Jar. Kids can entertain themselves by pulling out new activities.
If you enjoyed these kid’s activities get more family fun activities, easy weeknight meals, family travel ideas, and household hacks by joining the Happy Mom Hacks community weekly newsletter.
Bonus, you’ll get a Free Printable Daily Schedule for Kids to keep you organized and stress-free when they’re out of school.
Don’t Forget to Pin This
More from Happy Mom Hacks
Quick Family Meals & Snacks
- Easy No-Bake Energy Balls – A Perfect Quick Snack
- 25 Easy Family Dinner Ideas for Quick Weeknight Meals
- 10 Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Sheet Pan Recipe Perfect for Weeknight Meals
- How to Make Delicious Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Healthy Italian Meatballs
- Quick Creamy Pesto Pasta Recipe with Sausage
Get Organized While Your Stuck at Home
- 25 Clever Kitchen Organization Ideas, Hacks & Storage
- How to Declutter Your Home Stress-Free
- How to Clean a Front Loading Washing Machine
- 45 Best Cleaning Supplies at Dollar Tree
- Free Printable Ultimate Cleaning Supply List
- Easy Panty Organization for Kids School Lunch & Snacks
- How to Be Organized During the School Year With Your Kids
- Fun Age Appropriate Chore Charts with Free Printables