Are you looking for simple party desserts to bring to your next event? You’ll love these mouth-watering no-bake oreo balls. These amazingly tasty cake balls are easy to make and sure to be a hit!
Let me show you how to make oreo balls with this simple 3 ingredient Oreo Ball recipe. Easily customize them for the holidays from simple White Chocolate Oreo Balls to Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Halloween theme oreo balls. Your gonna love these!!
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy something using my link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
Oreo Balls Recipe – Yummy No-Bake Party Desserts
These heavenly no-bake Oreo balls will have your guest begging for more. There are only 3 main ingredients to use which makes it a quick party dessert to whip up for any occasion.
Make sure to check out at the end how you can add food dye and toppings to make the oreo balls more festive.
Oreo Balls Ingredients
- 1 Box of Oreos (can be generic)
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 package of Vanilla Candy Coating (find in the Bakery section of the grocery store)
- Any Sprinkles or Toppings you want to add
Oreo Balls Recipe
Set our cream cheese out to soften for 10 minutes.
Use your food processor to grind up a box of Oreos. I have a small food processor so I do this in batches but if you have a bigger one you can probably do a whole oreo bag at once.
When the Oreos are ground put them in a bowl.
Tip: You can use generic Oreos no one will know the difference once they are ground up.
Combine the Oreo grounds and one bar of cream cheese together. I usually cut up the cream cheese into chunk to make it easier to mix.
Then use your hands to mash the two ingredients together. I find this works better than trying to do it with a spoon.
Roll the mixture into balls and add to a sheet pan that has either foil or wax paper lining.
Refrigerate the balls for a half hour. This will help hold them together for the next step.
Melt the white candy coating in the microwave. I do this for 30 seconds then stir and continue doing this until the candy is all melted.
This is the step where you would add food dye if you would like to change the color of the oreo balls. Just add a few drops of the color you want and stir.
Find more on Holiday decoration suggestions below.
Tip: Use a bowl that is shallow so you can easily roll the balls in the next step.
Take the Oreo balls out of the fridge and roll them with a spoon through the candy coating. Then place them back on your sheet pan to dry. The above picture is the candy coating dyed green.
Step Eight – Decorating
The last step is to add some design to your Oreo balls. A simple way to decorate is to add sprinkles. Do this right away while the balls are still wet to ensure all the sprinkles stick.
You could also add milk chocolate stripping to the top of your Oreo balls. To do this wait for the white chocolate on the oreo balls to be hard.
Then melt chocolate chips in the microwave and scoop them into a small zip lock bag. Cut the end of the zip lock bag the squeeze in a sweeping motion over the top of the white chocolate balls.
Now just let them cool for a half-hour or so and you are ready to serve your Oreo Balls. Can you believe how easy that is to do? And they really do taste amazing!
Holiday Oreo Balls
It’s super simple to customize your Oreo Balls to each holiday. Check out below my suggestions for Holiday ideas throughout the year.
Christmas Oreo Balls
- Add Red or Green Sprinkles to the top of the balls
- Dye the white chocolate Red or Green
Winter or New Years Theme
- Make a snowman out of the balls by making three different size small oreo balls with white chocolate. Place the first one on the bottom and a toothpick into it then stack the body and head on top. Use writing icing to make the face and small oreo for the hat
- Add silver sprinkles or silver balls on top for New Years
Hanukah Oreo Balls
- Add Blue sprinkles to the top of the white chocolate balls
- Add blue dye to the white chocolate and then add white or silver sprinkles on top
Halloween & Thanksgiving Oreo Balls
- Dye the white chocolate Orange and add some white sprinkles on top
- Add orange and brown sprinkles on top or Halloween shaped sprinkles
- Make Ghosts – Instead of rolling the white chocolate over the balls just use a spoon to dump some over leaving a little of the oreo ball showing. Then add black dots for eyes with writing icing.
- Mummies – Roll the balls in white candy coating add a small chocolate chip for eyes. Then drizzle more candy coating to look like wrapping.
- Make Pumpkins – Dye the candy coating orange and roll the Oreo balls in it. Then add a green M & M on top for a leaf and a small pretzel stick for the stem.
- Use the dye to make the candy coating pink or red
- Add red sprinkles to the white candy coating
St. Patrick’s Day
- Dye the candy coating green with stipping of white chocolate
- Use the white color candy coating and sprinkle with four-leaf clover sprinkles.
Easter Oreo Balls
- Dye the candy coating in pastel colors then melt white chocolate chip to make striping on top as you did with the chocolate stripping above.
- Add pastel color sprinkle to the top of the white candy coating.
- Eggs – Mold the oreo balls into oval egg shapes with the bottom flat. Then roll them in the white candy coating. Use writing icing to make pastel color stripping across the top to look like a dyed easter egg.
July 4th Oreo Balls
- Dye a bowl of red candy coating and blue candy coating. Dip one side of the ball in red and one side in Blue. Leave a thin area of white in between the two colors.
- Add red and blue sprinkles to the top of the white candy coating
- Add sprinkles to the entire oreo balls so you don’t see any white just the blue or red sprinkles.
[recipe title=”How to Make Oreo Balls” servings=”20 Balls” time=”1.5 Hours” difficulty=”easy”]
- 1 box of Oreos (can be generic Oreos)
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 Box of Vanilla Candy Coating ( find in the bakery section of the Grocery Store)
- Any Sprinkles or toppings you want to add
Oreo Balls Recipe
- Place Cream Cheese on Counter to bring to room temperature.
- Grind up the Oreos in a food processor
- Mix the ground-up Oreos and block of cream cheese together. Using your hands will be easier than a spoon to combine the two.
- Make balls out of the Oreo mixture and place on a sheet pan lined with wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Let them cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Melt the Vanilla Candy Coating in the microwave till it’s smooth. Do this in small amounts of time stirring when you check on it.
- Roll the Oreo Balls in the candy coating with a spoon and place back on the sheet pan to dry
- If adding sprinkles or toppings do it now before the candy coating hardens.
- Let the candy coating cool and then it’s ready to serve.
Are you ready to make some no-bake Oreo Balls? They really do taste delicious and the kids will love them. They’re the perfect party desserts for any time of year. Let me know if you like them and how the Oreo Balls recipe turned out for you in the comments. I love to hear from my readers.
Want Another Quick Dessert Idea?
Another great party desserts are my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. You make them with cake mix and are super simple to create. There are only 3 ingredients to mix up and bake in the oven. After the Oreo Balls, these are my kid’s favorite cookie at holiday time.
If you need a quick healthy snack idea try these No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls. They only take 5 minutes to make and can be done ahead of time. Leave them in your fridge so they are ready when you or your kids need a yummy snack. They’ll become a family favorite.
Did you enjoy this article? Become part of the Happy Mom Hacks Community where we find ways to make a mom’s life easier and get weekly emails with easy family meals, fun family vacations, cool household hacks and more.
Bonus – you’ll get my Free Weekly Meal Planner and Grocery Store List to get you organized at home.
Don’t Forget to Pin This
Delicious Family Friendly Recipes
- Easy No-Bake Energy Balls – A Perfect Quick Snack
- 25 Easy Family Dinner Ideas for Quick Weeknight Meals
- 10 Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Sheet Pan Recipe Perfect for Weeknight Meals
- How to Make Delicious Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Healthy Italian Meatballs
- Quick Creamy Pesto Pasta Recipe with Sausage