Are you always in search for quick weeknight meal ideas your kids will eat like me? A friend made these kid friendly tortilla pizzas the other night and I was hooked. Most of our nights are crazy running from activity to activity and this is the perfect quick meal idea. Let me show you my favorite Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pizza and three other tortilla pizzas you’ll love.
Bonus – These would be a great Super Bowl or party appetizer by cutting them up into bite size portions.
Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pizza
Start out with a baking sheet covered in foil and sprayed with cooking spray for easy clean up. Place 2-3 tortillas onto the baking sheet and spread blue cheese dressing over them.
Next in a bowl use leftover shredded chicken. I usually use leftovers chicken from a Rotisserie Chicken dinner we had the night before. Shred up the chicken and put it into a bowl. Then mix it with Buffalo Wing Sauce or hot sauce depending on how hot you want it.
Now spread your chicken mixture over the tortillas.
Last step, add shredded cheddar cheese over the top and bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until all the cheese is melted and the bottom is crispy.
When the tortilla pizzas come out they will be cheesy and delicious. I can’t wait for you to try these!
More Delicious Tortilla Pizza Recipies
Use leftover chicken the next day to add to a pizza. Skip adding a sauce to the chicken to make it more kid friendly. Bake a tortilla in the oven with pizza sauce, chicken and shredded cheddar cheese. If your kids will eat it, add a couple diced veggies. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and ready.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Add some more flavor by mixing the leftover chicken with BBQ sauce. Spread pizza sauce on the tortilla and top it with BBQ chicken and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and ready.
Sauté some spinach and mushrooms in a pan. Layout your tortilla on the baking sheet and spread pizza sauce. Next, top with the spinach and mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. You could also use a pesto as your sauce instead of pizza sauce which would be yummy.
Put out all the different ingredients you want to use and let the kids make their own pizza. The kids will enjoy making the tortilla pizza and will be excited to eat their own creation.
Easy and Quick Buffalo Tortilla Pizzas
Ingredients -(for one Tortilla Pizza)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp. Creamy Buffalo Wing Sauce ( adjust to your taste)
- 2 tbsp. Blue Cheese Dressing
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Add Shredded Chicken to a bowl and mix it with the creamy buffalo wing sauce. Or if you want it hotter mix it with hot sauce.
- Cover a sheet pan with foil and spray with non stick spray. Then layout your tortilla.
- Spread over the tortilla the blue cheese dressing. Just a thin layer of the dressing is enough so that your tortilla does not get soggy.
- Next add your buffalo chicken across the tortilla
- Last sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the tortilla.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the top is melted and the bottom is crispy.