I am always on the search for easy dinner recipes for quick weeknight meals. Aren’t we all? But my real quest is cutting down on all the dishes to clean after dinner! This is how I came to love making healthy sheet pan dinners that are easy one-pan meals.
They are great healthy dinner ideas for two or a whole family. One of my family’s favorites is a sheet pan recipe with Kielbasa Sausage, potatoes, and veggies. The great part about this meal is once you learn the basics you can change the ingredients to your family’s favorite.
Follow along with this easy sheet pan recipe below and make your kids excited for dinner too!
Healthy Sheet Pan Recipe with Sausage, Potatoes, and Veggies
To start, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grab a sheet pan and place foil over it. I usually spray the foil with nonstick spray just to make sure the potatoes don’t get stuck.
Now time to cut up the ingredients. Start with about 3 or 4 red potatoes, wash them, and cut them up into smaller cubes (as seen below). You do not need to peel these potatoes which is the main reason I choose them. Who has time to peel potatoes?
Next, toss the potatoes in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon Garlic and Herb seasoning (or garlic salt), and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Adjust this to your families’ taste and what is in your pantry.
After mixing them up, lay all the potatoes out flat on a cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes in the oven. Make sure to leave room on the sheet pan for your veggies and sausage.
While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the rest of your ingredients. Start with washing and cutting up the green beans and asparagus. Note: Lots of other vegetables can be used such as bell peppers or zucchini, so substitute your family’s favorite.
Related Article – 25 Easy Family Dinner Ideas Every Mom on the Run Needs
After the green beans and asparagus are ready, slice up some thin onions and throw them into a bowl. I was a little nervous about adding the onions but they came out sweet and delicious. So make sure to try them.
Then toss all the veggies with ½ tablespoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon minced garlic, and a sprinkle of salt. Put these to the side.
Lastly, cut up your Kielbasa sausage into thin round pieces (shown below) and set them aside.
After the potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, pull out the sheet pan and add the veggies and sausage. Now cook for another 10 minutes.
Then you are done. A complete meal for your family on one sheet pan. What could be easier! I really hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine has and you get the break you need from the dishes.
Enjoy making this healthy sheet pan recipe tonight. I would love to hear how you adjust this recipe to your family favorite so please let me know in the comments. Don’t forget to Pin this article to use while your cooking.
Enjoyed this recipe? Check out more from Happy Mom Hacks below.
10 Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes You Family Will Love (here)
25 Easy Family Dinner Ideas Every Mom on the Run Needs (here)
Need Healthy Snacks? Try these Super Easy No Bake Energy Balls (here)
Healthy Crockpot & Italian Meatballs with Sausage, Turkey, and Quinoa (here)
Easy Lunch Kabobs Your Kids will Want to Eat at School (here)
[recipe title=”Busy Weeknight Sheet Pan Recipe So Delicious Your family will Love it” servings=”3-4 time=”30 mins” difficulty=”easy”]
3-4 Red Potatoes
1 Kielbasa Sausage
20 Fresh Green Beans
10 Asparagus Spears
I Small Sweet Onion
2 1/2 tbsp. of Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning (or Garlic Salt)
How to Make the Sausage Sheet Pan Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees and place foil over a sheet pan.
- Cut up the red potatoes into cubes but do not peal the skin. Then toss them in a bowl with 2 tbsp. Olive Oil, 1 tsp Garlic and Herb seasoning, 1/4 tsp salt.
- Spray your sheet pan with non stick spray and spread out your potatoes onto the pan. Make sure to leave room for the veggies and sausage. Now cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook wash and trim your green beans and asparagus. Next thinly slice up the onion. Toss all of these in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp of minced garlic and sprinkle of salt. Set aside
- Slice up the Kielbasa sausage into thin round pieces.
- When the 20 minutes is done with the potatoes remove them from the oven and add the veggies and potatoes. Try and have the ingredients as flat on the pan as possible.
- Bake all of it for the remaining 10 minutes and it should be ready to eat.