Keep your kids active on their next Zoom Class or Virtual Party with fun Zoom Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids.
Instead of just sitting in front of the screen have them run around their home searching for items on an indoor scavenger hunt list.
Kids will love the excitement of a Zoom scavenger hunt trying to be the first one back with a completed list. It’s a super easy Zoom game for parents and teachers to get the kids moving and enjoying their time together virtually.
Keep reading for a free printable Zoom Scavenger Hunt List of Ideas for Kids.
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy something using my link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
Fun Zoom Scavenger Hunt for Kids – Free Printable List of Ideas
How Do You Play a Virtual Scavenger Hunt
One of the easiest games to play on zoom with kids is Scavenger Hunts. They will keep all the kids engaged and having fun which can be a real challenge when hosting kids virtually.
There are two ways to play Zoom Scavenger Hunts. One is for teachers or virtual birthday parties. The second option is for family and group zoom parties.
Scavenger Hunts for Teachers or Virtual Birthday Parties
Here is how to play a virtual scavenger hunt in classrooms and parties.
- Print out the Scavenger Hunt List & decide how many items you want the kids to search for.
- Set a Timer for the Kids to Search – 30-60 Seconds
- Pick an item you want the kids to search for first. After you read the item the kids then have to find the item in your set time.
- Send the kids off to find the item
- When the timer goes off kids have to be back in their seats with the item. Or at least back to their seats.
- Have the kids hold up the item for you to see
- If you want it to be competitive keep a list of which child made it back the fastest with each item. At the end of the game see who won the most rounds.
This would also be a great Rainy Day Activity when you’re stuck at home. Your kids will love running around the house trying to find all these items. You don’t have to be virtual to play.
Zoom Scavenger Hunts for Big Groups of Family or Friends
If you are planning to host a group Zoom with family or friends have each family come up with a list of their own scavenger hunt items.
I suggest that each family makes a scavenger hunt list with 5 items. Then all the families will take turns reading off their list to the group. The rest of the families will have 2 minutes to find all 5 list items.
Go through all the family groups to find each scavenger hunt list. Making the game with quick rounds of 5 items will help it from dragging on and keep it exciting.
The first family back with all the items wins the round. Add some competition to it by seeing which family won the most rounds.
Free Printable Virtual Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Are you ready to play this fun virtual game? All you need to do now is print out our 30 Zoom Scavenger Hunt Ideas and have a blast playing.
Need More Virtual Game Ideas?
Looking for more fun party games? Check out our Kids Party Page or view some reader favorites below.
- Funniest Would You Rather Zoom Game for Kids – Free Printable Would You Rather List & How to Play on Zoom.
- 15 Best Games to Play on Zoom with Kids– Zoom games to play in groups or one-on-one when you can’t be with friends.
- Virtual Birthday Party Ideas for Kids on Zoom – Fun themes and virtual games to play when you can’t be in person.
- 20 Fun & Easy Minute to Win it Games for Kids – Quick one minute games you can easily adapt to a Zoom Game.
- 30 Birthday Party Games for Kids – Find the perfect game for your child’s birthday party.
- Fun Elementary School Party Games for Kids in Any Season – Easy Games for any Room Parent or Teacher to make.
If you want to get the kids outside try our Neighborhood and Nature Scavenger Hunts. There is even one for those difficult tweens and teens.
I hope your kids will have a blast playing these Zoom Scavenger Hunt Ideas!
It’s really is a super easy game that everyone seems to love. You’ll be surprised that even the older kids will get into it when you play.
If you enjoyed this article, become part of the Happy Mom Hacks Community where we strive to make a mom’s life easier.
Get our weekly newsletter with fun kids activities, family travel ideas, easy weeknight meals, household hacks, and more.
Bonus you’ll get our free printable Would You Rather Printable to play with your kids at home or at school.
Don’t Forget to Pin This
Most Popular Happy Mom Hack Posts
- 15 Best Games to Play on Zoom with Kids
- 20 Easy to Minute to Win It Games for Kids
- How to Easily Clean Your Front Loading Washing Machine
- 25 Quick Weeknight Meals Your Kids will Eat
- Fun Rainy Day Indoor Games to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- Awesome Birthday Party Games the Kids will Love