Are you planning a vacation in Chicago? Want to save some money while visiting the best Chicago attractions? An easy way to do this is by getting the Chicago CityPASS. Save time researching things to do in Chicago by using their list of top attractions and Chicago Museums.
With a CityPASS, you’ll bundle your activities together and save 50% off ticket prices. How great would that be! With the pass, you can visit the Skydeck Chicago, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Adler Planetarium and Museum of Science and Industry.
Read on to get all your questions answered on how to use a Chicago CityPASS on your next visit to Chicago.
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy something using my link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
Chicago CityPass 2020- Is it Worth it for You
What is a Chicago CityPASS?
A Chicago CityPASS is a bundled ticket to all of Chicago’s Best Attractions. By purchasing your tickets as a bundle, you get a discounted rate on entrance fees. This lets you save up to 50% off.
Using a Chicago CityPASS is pretty easy. Once you purchase your pass, you just present it at the participating attractions. Some even have an expedited entrance for CityPASS users.
You can visit each attraction only one time, but if you have a bigger group, you can visit attractions on different days. There is no need to decide ahead of time which location you are going to so you can be flexible on your vacation. If you plan to visit several museums and attractions, this is the best way to save money.
What Does A Chicago CityPASS Include?
A Chicago CityPASS includes admission to five top Chicago Attractions. All are family-friendly locations the kids will have a blast exploring. The bundling of these attractions is how you get the big savings of 50% off.
Here is a list of the attractions. Numbers 4 and 5 are a choice of two different attractions and you may only pick one.
- Shedd Aquarium – With Priority Entrance – See exotic fish from around the world, dolphins, whales, and local Lake Michigan sea life.
- Skydeck Chicago – Day/ Night Entrance – Located in Willis Tower, you will head up to the top of one of the tallest buildings in the world for stunning views of the city.
- The Field Museum of Natural History – All Access Pass – Check out the Field’s latest dinosaur exhibit SUE, learn about cultures around the world, and let the kids explore their fun kid zone.
- Adler Planetarium Premium Pass or Art Institute of Chicago – Fast Pass ** You can choose one of these options.
- Museum of Science & Industry – Ticketed experience – Immerse your family in the world of science with cool exhibits and fun children’s play areas. or 360 Chicago Observation Deck Express Entrance – Located in the John Hancock Building, the deck is over 1000 feet above the Magnificent Mile where you will get 360 Degree views of Chicago.
Tip: For the locations that have an option, if you would like to see the second option, ask the attraction about CityPASS discounts.
Where Can You Buy A CityPass
You can purchase your CityPASS online with the link below or you can purchase the passes at participating Chicago Attractions. When you purchase ahead of time, you will be able to skip lines at some attractions.
If you purchase online, you will get a choice to have it sent to your mobile phone or emailed so you can print it out. There is also an option to have a ticket booklet mailed to you at home or to your hotel. However, there is a shipping fee for this service.
How Long is a Chicago City Pass Good For?
You CityPASS is good for 9 consecutive days starting on the first day you use your pass.
What will You Save and Cost of Tickets?
When you visit Chicago, you will realize quickly the ticket prices on most of the attractions are pretty high. This is why I am always looking for ways to cut costs so that my family can experience everything while visiting a new city.
Current prices for a Chicago CityPASS
- Adults ages 12+ – $108.00
- Kids ages 3-11 – 89.99
If you add up the current ticket prices for the 5 attractions, you will save $105 per adult ticket and $85 per child ticket. That’s a savings of almost $400.00 for a family of four. I think that is pretty awesome!
Is the CityPASS worth it?
I think the main thing to ask yourself is how much you want to see during your vacation in Chicago while also considering the length of time you will be visiting.
Some of the attractions are shorter visits, like the Skydecks, while the Science & Industry and Field Museum can be an all-day visit. If you only do one or two of the attractions, it’s not worth the cost. However, if you have time for more attractions, it makes sense to save some money.
For our family, these attractions pretty much cover the top paid locations we would want to visit. You can also sprinkle in some free attractions such as Millennium Park, Maggie Daley Park, and the Lincoln Park Zoo.
Did that answer all your questions? If not, you can learn more about CityPASS on their link below. Or feel free to leave questions in the comments section. I love to hear from my readers and answer questions.
Learn more about our favorite Chicago Attractions in Ultimate Guide to Chicago with Kids.
Don’t Forget to Pin This for Later
More Chicago Family Attractions
- Ultimate Guide to Chicago with Kids
- 7 Can’t Miss Things to Do in Chicago with Kids
- Chicago Shedd Aquarium | Things to Do with Kids
- 14 Tips to Visiting Museum of Science & Industry
- Field Museum – What to Know Before You Go
- Millennium Park | 8 Things to Do with Kids
More Great Family Travel Ideas
- Epic National Parks to Visit Before Your Kids Turn 18
- Shenandoah Valley Virginia – Best Things to Do with Kids
- Luray Cavern Virginia – An Amazing Cave You Have to See
- 10 Best Weekend Getaways in the Midwest for Families
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Top Things to Do with Kids
- Best Guide to Cuyahoga Valley National Park in Ohio
- 10 Fun Free Things to Do in Naples Florida with Kids
- Top 10 Things to Do in Door County Wisconsin for Families
- Ultimate Guide to Chicago Attractions with Kids
- 10 Awesome Things to Do in Wilmington NC
Travel Hacks & Tips with Kids
- 15 Best Road Trip Games for Kids at the Dollar Store
- 20 Tips to Make Traveling with Kids Enjoyable
- 5 Best Road Trip Apps
- 11 Amazon Road Trip Games & Travel Accessories for Kids
- Easiest Money-Saving Tips for Family Vacation
- 20 Beach Hacks to Survive a Family Beach Day
- 40 Things to Do With Kids on Staycation